Whether you’ve had a tire blowout, you’ve run out of gas or you have a general issue with your car that requires you to pull over, issues on the road can happen to anyone at any time. In an emergency situation, do you know how to stay safe while you wait for a mobile mechanic in Flagstaff, AZ to repair your vehicle? Follow the following advice to ensure you and your passengers stay safe after a roadside emergency:
- Move to safety: As soon as you notice your car or truck has some type of issue, you need to pull off to the side of the road and get to safety. Hopefully, all of the other drivers on the road move over to the far lane to avoid striking your vehicle. You never know who might be distracted and end up hitting your truck, thus worsening the situation.
- Call for help: After you’ve pulled over to the side of the road, call Maclin Truck & Trailer to come repair your truck! We can be on the scene in no time to perform mobile repairs to get you up and running in no time at all. Our services range from simply refueling your truck all the way to total part replacement.
- Alert other drivers: Be sure you turn on your emergency flashers to let other cars know that you’ve broken down. If you have flares or emergency triangles, place them on the shoulder behind your truck. It’s also not a bad idea to lift your hood as another sign that your truck is experiencing some sort of issue.
- Stay in your truck: After you’ve placed emergency triangles on the road, it’s crucial that you stay inside your cab while you wait for help. As mentioned above, hopefully everyone else on the road changes lanes to avoid you, but you never know who might be looking down, fiddling with the radio or distracted while talking on their phone. Remain in your cab, and we’ll arrive on the scene shortly to make repairs.
- Be prepared: While you never know if an accident is going to happen, you can be prepared when it does! Always keep emergency supplies on hand when you travel. Things to have with you include road flares, a flashlight, a jumper cable and a first aid kit. You may also want to keep water and food with you, in case your truck is down for longer than expected. If you’re traveling during the winter months, be sure you have a blanket to keep warm.
- Maintain your truck: The best way to avoid running into an issue is to ensure your vehicle is operating at its best at all times. Bring it in for routine maintenance on a regular basis.
A roadside emergency can happen to anyone, anywhere, at any time. Be sure you know how to stay safe! If you happen to require a mobile mechanic in Flagstaff, AZ, give Maclin Truck & Trailer a call. We can be on the site as quickly as possible to repair your vehicle and get you back out on the road in no time at all.
Categorised in: Mobile Mechanic
This post was written by Writer