If you’ve ever had to deal with a breakdown as a trucker, you know just how much of a pain it can be to have to wait for roadside assistance so you can get back on the road. Of course, having to get towed to the shop is an even worse prospect.
Our team is pleased to provide service to Freightliner owners and operators as a team specializing in mobile semi truck repair in Flagstaff, AZ. We can do any types of repairs and fit any vehicle from Freightliner at our shop, and provide outstanding mobile repair services. There’s no need to take your vehicle back to the manufacturer—we’ll have you back up and running in no time.
Give us a call if you’ve experienced a breakdown on the highway due to any of these causes:
- Tires: Tire issues account for about a quarter of all roadside assistance calls from truckers. Blowouts are far and away the most common problem within this category, and those usually are a result of improper inflation or loading. However, even tires that have been properly inflated could develop issues as a result of uneven wear or other factors. A mobile truck repair service is capable of changing tires and providing any other tire-related assistance you need.
- Brakes: There is a variety of potential issues within semi trucks that can result in brake problems, including contamination in the air supply and control system, external contamination or corrosion, air pressure leaks, oil passing from the compressor, timing imbalance, lack of effective maintenance and more.
- Electrical problems: There are several categories of common electrical problems, including issues with the lighting, charging system and cranking system. All of these problems are a result of idle time reduction and increased loads, usually from comfort requirements. Make sure you’re constantly aware of any added loads you have to take on, and manage the loads on the electrical systems as smartly as possible. In addition, any time you have repair or maintenance work performed by a shop, be sure to test your electrical systems and make sure everything was corrected properly. Switching to LED bulbs can also help you avoid electrical problems with your equipment.
- Cooling: Any problems you have with your cooling systems are typically related to connections in the vehicle. The more connections the vehicle has, the more likely it is you will experience a loss of coolant.
- Fuel systems: Many calls placed relating to fuel systems are actually from drivers who have run out of fuel, but problems could also include running out of diesel exhaust fluid. Both of these issues are quite preventable, but they do happen, and when they do it’s important you have someone you can call who can come out and provide assistance.
These are just a few of the most common issues Freightliner owners experience out on the road that result in their needing our semi truck repair in Flagstaff, AZ. Contact Maclin Truck & Trailer today to learn more.
Categorised in: Semi Truck Repair
This post was written by Writer