If your vehicle has broken down on the side of the road, you know what a pain it is to call for tractor trailer roadside assistance in Flagstaff, AZ. You know you’re losing time on your route, and waiting for help can feel unsafe, boring and like a waste of time, so when a tow truck comes along and offers to help before you even have time to call a reputable company for tractor trailer roadside assistance in Flagstaff, AZ, you may be tempted to accept it. However, many of these tow trucks that show up when you need them are scammers who will charge you hidden, exorbitant fees. Read on to learn how to recognize this scam and not fall prey to unsolicited help by keeping these tips in mind:
- Your insurance: You should be familiar with what your insurance policy covers, and if it covers tractor trailer roadside assistance in Flagstaff, AZ. Know the limits to your policy as well, and if you’ve been in an accident, find out how your insurance company handles towing and what they cover in this situation.
- Be wary of unsolicited help: If you call a tow company for assistance, write down the name of the driver or the license plate of the truck that is coming to help so you can verify that the help you are receiving is the help you’ve requested. If a tow truck that is not one you’ve specifically called offers to help, you should hesitate to accept their assistance. It could be a scammer or bandit towing company, which preys on broken down drivers and charges exorbitant fees after the fact.
- Request documentation: Before you let any towing company take your vehicle, you should receive a printed price or invoice, which should list all towing fees, storage fees and all other charges. You should also have written information about where your car is being towed to. Make sure the company name on the truck matches the information you took down as well.
- Maintain your privacy: Don’t give out personal information to the towing company that they don’t need, and withhold insurance information, especially when approached by an unsolicited towing company. Many bandit tow truck operators use your insurance information for additional scams, like calling the victim and pretending to be their insurer.
- Taking action: If you feel like the towing company you’re dealing with is a fraud, you should call the police. If you’ve already been victimized by a bandit tow company, you can file a claim with the Better Business Bureau and the fraud department in your state.
Maclin Truck & Trailer is your honest, go-to service provider for tractor trailer roadside assistance in Flagstaff, AZ. We provide roadside repair and maintenance services for commercial tractor trailers, large commercial trucks and RVs. Get a tow to our shop for a transparent and reasonable price. Call today for assistance or to learn more about what we can do for you. We look forward to helping you soon!
Categorised in: Roadside Assistance
This post was written by Writer