If you drive a truck for a living, you know that you need to take everything with you. Packing the essentials is a non-negotiable, but the unfortunate fact is that it can be easy to forget even the most basic things. Having an extensive checklist is one easy way to ensure that you’re not caught without the items you need.
Luckily, we’re here to help with trucking essentials in Flagstaff, AZ. Read on to find out what experienced truckers make sure they never forget:
- Clothes: You need attire that’s right for being on the road—and off the road—for a while. Make sure to pack all the necessary items, like comfortable shoes, a jacket, t-shirts, underwear, socks, jeans, shorts and jogging pants. It’s likely you’ll be traveling through different climates, so having an idea of what the weather’s going to be like will be helpful for packing clothes.
- Safety: The fact is that you’re your own number one defense against danger on the road. That means being prepared. You’ll want to bring a hard hat, safety glasses, coveralls and work boots. Be sure to take sunglasses and a raincoat as well, so that you’re prepared no matter what Mother Nature throws at you.
- Personal: While you can pick up items while you’re traveling, time is always going to be tight, and you don’t want to waste it in a drugstore. Along with the basics like toothpaste, a toothbrush, dental floss and deodorant, you’ll want to bring a shower kit and wet wipes as well. Also don’t forget any medications you may need.
- Cleaning: It’s not always easy keeping yourself and your gear clean when you’re racking up hundreds of miles every day. That’s why you need to bring along a handheld vacuum cleaner and air freshening spray for the truck’s interior. Other useful items include all purpose cleaner, paper towels, laundry detergent and dashboard conditioner. It’s always good to show up with you and your truck looking good.
- Truckers’ items: Finally, there are the specific things that will make the road trip a bit easier. Obviously, you need to have your cell phone, a charger and a GPS system, but what if tech fails you or you’re in a location with no service? That’s where an atlas or paper maps will come in handy. Stock an emergency kit, along with key telephone numbers as well.
One of those trucker’s essentials in Flagstaff, AZ is the phone number of Maclin Truck & Trailer. Our specialty is roadside repair and maintenance for commercial tractor trailers, large commercial trucks and RVs. Dead battery? Flat tire? Out of fuel, or worse, a mechanical failure? We can help! We also specialize in trailer refrigeration repair, brake changes, tire changes, mobile repair, mobile servicing and RV repair. We can replace parts on site. Plus, we handle comprehensive repairs of all types. Call to set up an appointment if you would like to come to our shop for repair, or give us a call for roadside assistance!
Categorised in: Trucking Essentials
This post was written by Writer