Unless you’re in the trucking industry, you may not be aware that there are multiple methods of shipping and trucking. One of the most common types these days is called transloading. If you’ve ever asked yourself, “What is transloading in Flagstaff, AZ?” or if you’re just interested in reading more about the method, then keep reading! This post will teach you what you need to know.
What is transloading?
Put simply, transloading is moving a shipment from one mode of transportation to another. For example, cargo coming off a ship from overseas may need to be transloaded onto a truck for delivery throughout the United States. The method can also be used for domestic shipments moving from warehouse to warehouse before items are delivered to their final destination. Transloading in trucking has been around for a long time, but it’s becoming increasingly necessary due to an expanding global economy.
What are the benefits of transloading?
Besides being absolutely necessary for some global deliveries, transloading in trucking in Flagstaff, AZ offers a number of benefits for both the shipper and the end customer. Here are a few of them:
- Expand the supply chain: With transloading, distributors can ship their goods anywhere in the world. Whether the products are coming from a plane, a ship or simply another truck, transloading in trucking ensures items get from point A to point B.
- Cost-effective shipping: Transloading makes shipping more cost effective by allowing companies to ship heavy items in bulk. In theory, a transloading partner can help a company pass savings onto the consumer.
- Faster delivery: Transloading helps ensure products get to their end destination much faster than would otherwise be possible. Anyone who’s ever ordered something on Amazon with one-day shipping can attest to this fact, as the item was most likely transloaded from a warehouse.
What should you look for in a transloading partner?
Now that we’ve answered the question “What is transloading in Flagstaff, AZ?” it’s time to find a specialist to handle your transloading! These are the qualities all good transloading partners possess:
- Expert-level experience: Your transloading partner should be able to get your items from the first mode of transportation to the other without any questions asked. Any trustworthy company will have years of experience working with all sorts of different products.
- Careful handling: It doesn’t matter if you’re shipping exotic cars or clothes hangers—your transloading partner needs to handle all of your goods with care. Before hiring a transloading trucking specialist, ask if they offer any sort of safety guarantee for their services.
- Fair rates: As mentioned above, transloading can help a shipper save some money in the long run. That’s assuming their transloading partner isn’t price gouging them. Do some research prior to signing an agreement with a transloading company to ensure you’re not overpaying.
If you’re in need of transloading in trucking in Flagstaff, AZ, look no further than our team. We guarantee you won’t find better rates or better service anywhere but Maclin Truck & Trailer!
Categorised in: Transloading
This post was written by Writer