A road trip with friends and family in an RV sounds like an idyllic vacation for millions of Americans, but that dream can turn into a nightmare if the RV breaks down midway through the journey. This post will teach you all about roadside RV repair in Flagstaff, AZ, and why you should always call Maclin Truck & Trailer if you need help.
Hazards of DIY repairs
Besides possibly changing a tire or switching out sparkplugs, RV repair isn’t something you should attempt yourself. Here are some of the dangers of performing DIY roadside RV repairs:
- Lost time: One thing is certain—trying to perform emergency RV repairs by yourself is just going to waste your time. You could spend hours sitting on the side of the road trying to fix something yourself, or you could call a pro for immediate roadside assistance. The choice is simple, if you ask us!
- Worsened damage: Unless you’re a trained mechanic, you shouldn’t be doing any RV repairs on your own. There’s a good chance that any repair you try to perform could make the problem worse in the end. Instead of taking that risk, just call a professional mechanic.
- Wasted money: Many people delay calling a mechanic because they don’t want to pay for the repairs. The truth is that those DIY repairs could cost you a lot more in the long run. Auto shops may charge you a lot of money to correct any mistakes you have made in the past.
Know who to call for repairs
You obviously shouldn’t perform RV repair in Flagstaff, AZ by yourself, but you can’t hire just anyone to do it. Here’s what to look for in a quality RV repair service:
- Mobile repair: If possible, find a company that can fix your RV without towing it back to the shop. At Maclin Truck & Trailer, we can perform a whole host of repairs right on the side of the road. From changing tires to extensive part replacement, we can do it all.
- Around-the-clock service: Whether a breakdown happens at noon or at midnight, you’ll want to be sure someone can help you out. Always look for a company that performs RV repair in Flagstaff, AZ at any time, day or night.
- Vast service area: There’s no sense in calling a repair shop if they’re unwilling to send a tow truck out to your current location. That’s not a problem with Maclin Truck & Trailer, as we have a 100-mile service radius around Flagstaff!
Prevent repairs with basic maintenance!
If there’s any good news, it’s that many repair jobs can be prevented with some basic maintenance. Before you hit the road in your RV, make a habit of inspecting every aspect of your vehicle. From the tires and brakes to the water tank and electrical components, you’ll want to ensure everything looks up to snuff. If anything is amiss, bring your RV in for a tune-up. Trust us—bringing your RV in for a tune-up is a lot less frustrating and costly than paying for mid-trip emergency repairs.
If basic maintenance doesn’t cut it and you need roadside RV repair in Flagstaff, AZ, be sure to choose Maclin Truck & Trailer. Big or small, we can fix any RV, truck or passenger vehicle that comes our way.
This post was written by Writer