There’s a reason why Kenworth trucks are favorites in the trucking industry among company owners and truck drivers alike—they often feature the latest technologies and aerodynamic designs, which make them enjoyable to drive and practical for hauling purposes. Many Kenworth models are equipped with industry-leading PACCAR engines. It can occasionally be difficult to find companies that are capable of servicing Kenworth tractor trailers, but at Maclin Truck & Trailer, our team specializing in tractor trailer repair in Flagstaff, AZ can handle them, meaning you won’t have to go to all the way to the dealership to get the work done.
The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) has certain maintenance checks owners of commercial trucks must make. We perform these checks and make any corrections necessary, whether you’re simply visiting us for preventative maintenance or are in need of other repairs to your vehicle.
Here are some of the repair tasks we handle with Kenworth trucks:
- Tires: Tires make up a significant percentage of the maintenance costs associated with commercial trucks. Instead of waiting for them to break down to the point where you have to be sidelined until they are replaced, make sure you have the pressure and tread of your tires regularly inspected, keeping them in good condition and allowing you to anticipate potential maintenance and repair needs.
- Electrical systems: We inspect all lights and electrical components and check the wiring when necessary to make sure there’s nothing that has either come loose or burned out.
- Brakes: Parking and standard brakes should be checked and tested regularly to make sure there is a proper level of lining left on the brake pads and that the air pressure system is not leaking at all. In addition, we check the low pressure warning alarm to make sure it’s in good working order so you can be alerted to the presence of potential leaks in that system.
- Fluids: We check the levels of all fluids and for signs of potential fluid leaks. These fluids include antifreeze, coolant, fuel and oil. As part of this, we ensure all oil pressure, temperature and air pressure gauges work when you start up your vehicle.
- Other checks: There are other specific maintenance checks we make when servicing Kenworth trucks, including wheels and rims, the exhaust system, the general body and undercarriage, the horn, belts and hoses, drive shafts, engine and transmission mounts, seatbelts and seat structure, auxiliary systems, steering and suspension system and much more.
A trusted repair team that can handle all of these tasks for your Kenmore trucks is an invaluable resource, especially when you consider how difficult it can be to find Kenmore dealers that provide service in your area. For more information about the services we provide at Maclin Truck & Trailer and the benefits of staying on top of your preventative maintenance and routine checks, we encourage you to contact our shop specializing in tractor trailer repair in Flagstaff, AZ. We look forward to working with you and answering any questions you have for our experienced team.
Categorised in: Tractor Trailer Repair
This post was written by Writer