Semi trucks have to carry heavy loads across long distances over and over again, so their engines are designed with strength, durability, longevity and resilience in mind. Unfortunately, all vehicles, even semi trucks, will eventually require some sort of repair. If the engine in your Mack truck begins to show some signs of wear or damage, it’s important to bring it to a mechanic that specializes in semi truck repair in Flagstaff, AZ:
- Your exhaust is changing colors: Your exhaust can actually tell you a lot about the condition of your engine. If you notice that your exhaust is blue or black, rather than white or gray, you likely have an issue with oil or fuel consumption. This issue could be caused by something being wrong with your injectors, piston rings or cylinder liner. A mechanic who offers semi truck repair in Flagstaff, AZ will be able to assess the problem and fix the issue.
- You hear strange noises: Semi truck engines can be pretty noisy when they’re running, but they shouldn’t make loud knocking noises during operation. If you hear knocking when your engine is running, it’s possible that some of your engine components are worn or failing, or you have a problem with oil contamination or combustion timing.
- Changes in engine performance: If you notice that you aren’t able to achieve the same level of speed or performance from your engine that you once could, it’s worth having it inspected to find out whether there’s a problem with your engine components. You might also notice problems with your engine brake performance, which can be a dangerous issue while you’re on the road. These problems are often caused by a loss of cylinder compression or a problem with your piston rings, valves or head gasket.
- You’re fueling up more frequently: A decline in your fuel economy is a sign that your engine is losing some of its efficiency. This may be a result of injectors that are damaged or worn out. Pay attention to changes in your gas mileage so that you can catch problems and get semi truck repair in Flagstaff, AZ before they become bigger issues.
- Your oil runs low quickly: If you feel like you’re consuming oil more rapidly than usual, you might have an oil leak. The issue might also be connected to oil burning in your engine. Rapid oil consumption is often related to problems with piston rings and cylinder liners.
If you’ve noticed problems with your Mack truck engine, you should bring your vehicle in to the team of experts at Maclin Truck & Trailer. Our family owned and operated company is proud to offer comprehensive semi truck repair, towing and roadside services to truckers throughout Arizona. Whether you have a problem on the road that you need emergency assistance with, or you have a minor issue for our technicians to help you with in our shop, we are here to assist you. Browse our website or give us a call to find out more about what we have to offer!
Categorised in: Semi Truck Repair
This post was written by Writer