Every truck driver knows that trucking is a dangerous business. Accidents and breakdowns can happen in even the best road conditions, so drivers always need to be vigilant. Continue reading to get a refresher course on some safety tips and to learn who to call when you need commercial roadside assistance:
- Avoid switching lanes: Some other drivers may not be familiar with the large blind spots trucks have. Because of that, switching lanes is dangerous for everyone on the road. Try staying in your same lane to avoid a big accident.
- Give other drivers space: Even when your brakes are well maintained, your truck takes quite a while to slow down and finally stop. Because many accidents occur when a semi rear-ends a passenger vehicle, be sure to leave plenty of space between you and other drivers.
- Take frequent breaks: Even though you’re on a tight delivery schedule, be sure to take frequent breaks. Getting out of your truck and stretching or exercising helps keep you alert and improves your overall health.
- Adhere to hour restrictions: In addition to taking breaks, be sure to get some sleep and follow the resting regulations set by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration. Following these regulations keeps everyone safe and keeps you out of trouble.
- Watch the weather: Keep an eye on the forecast, and ensure you’re always prepared for sudden bad weather. Remember that it’s harder to slow down when the roads are slick, and always carry chains if you’re driving through the mountains.
- Be smart while waiting for assistance: Be careful, and be smart if you break down and need commercial roadside assistance. After setting up road flares and cones, turn your flashers on and wait in the truck until a repair team can make it to the scene.
Need roadside assistance? Be sure to call our pros!
Be sure to contact our team at Emergency Response LLC if you need roadside assistance. Here are a few ways we can help:
- Fast response time: We know you’re on a tight deadline, which is why we make it our priority to arrive as fast as possible to repair your truck. We have a service area of 100 miles around Flagstaff, so we can make it anywhere in no time at all.
- 24/7 service: Accidents don’t just happen between 9:00 AM and 5:00 PM—that’s why we’re always available to make mobile repairs or to tow you to our shop. Rest easy knowing we’re just a phone call away at any time of day.
- Wide range of services: From fixing flat tires to delivering fuel or even replacing parts, we offer an array of services to meet our customers’ needs. If we can’t fix your truck or trailer on the side of the road, we can give you a tow back to our shop.
Let’s hope you don’t suffer a breakdown anytime soon! But if you do, we’re here to help with commercial roadside assistance. Day or night, rain or shine, you can count on us to arrive quickly to make any necessary repairs and get you back out on the road.
This post was written by Writer